If users do not accept this policy by February 8, WhatsApp will delete their account. The user’s data includes location information, IP address, time zone, phone model, operating system, battery status, signal strength, browser, mobile network, ISP, language, time zone, and IMEI number.
It is said that WhatsApp has taken this step as it wants to further enhance its partnership with Facebook, and it will prove to be beneficial. However, this raises a number of questions in the minds of users regarding their privacy.
What are the other ways?
But even after WhatsApp is deleted, your data will remain on the server. Many people think that uninstalling WhatsApp will only delete your account.
However, that is not the case. You must delete your data yourself. To remove WhatsApp from the phone, the user has to follow some steps. This will delete all data in the account. Therefore, you always know how to delete WhatsApp data.
Delete WhatsApp data like:
- To do this, you must first open the WhatsApp app on your phone. If you have an Android phone, there will be three dots on the top right. Tap it.
- You will get some options. From there, you need to click on the Account option.
- After this, you have to tap on the option to delete my account.
- After this, you will open a new page. In it, you have to re-tap Delete My Account.
- Explain the reason before pressing the Delete button.
- After this, again, you have to tap Delete my account.
At the same time, WhatsApp has made it clear that WhatsApp will share the user’s personal information on Facebook and Instagram. Also, WhatsApp has clarified that they will delete their account if users do not accept this policy.